How does a home owner factor seller closing costs if they’re thinking about about selling their Santa Clarita home?
There are a number of things to consider when selling your home in Santa Clarita and how to calculate closing costs. There are a few items that are considered traditional seller’s fees when in a real estate transaction, although this can vary with different types of markets. Some of these items include:
- Home Warranty (this can eliminate seller’s liability if anything were to break in the first year)
- Title Fees (typically a seller cost, this is the actual process of transferring title from cuurent owner to new buyer)
- Escrow Fees (this is a mutual 3rd party to ensure than money is held of buyer, in return for the grant deed from seller)
- HOA Transfer If applicable the HOA charges for the process of transferring from the current owner to the new buyer, much like the Title)
- Country & City Transfer Again much like title and HOA transfer the County (our city SCV does not charge) charges to change ownership
- Commission- Both Seller agent and Buyer agent are paid by the seller and is negotiated upfront when taking the listing
It is safe to assume that selling your home will cost 1.5% – 2% of the purchase price on top of the commission structure. This can vary depending on your selling price but is a safe number to to calculate in round #s.
We can get you a seller’s net sheet upon request that will break all the fees down to a precise figure if needed. Just fill out form below
[gravityform id=”31″ title=”true” description=”true”]