Top 5 Reasons Sellers are selling their home in Santa Clarita
Santa Clarita remains to be a desirable community in Southern California. Some of the best schools are here in Santa Clarita. A few of our public schools ranked a 10 for API scores (that’s the highest score a school can rank). We find most homeowners are selling their Santa Clarita home because of these 5 reasons:
1) Most common reason of course is because families are expanding and they are looking for bigger square footage, yard space, or a cul-de-sac location. Santa Clarita offers so many features to a growing family. There are family oriented events, children’s classes, and community sports put on by the City of Santa Clarita and can be found in the Seasons Magazine.
2) New Construction communities are very appealing to citizens of Santa Clarita. Owning a home that was built in the early 80’s or before could require more maintenance. Buying a new construction home could save a homeowner on monthly cost and overall yearly expenses. Santa Clarita offers many options for new construction. Seller’s may choose to sell their original home and purchase something newer.
3) Move down sellers (maybe even empty nesters) looking for single story homes or retirement communities. Belcaro, and Friendly Valley are both desirable communities to retire to in Santa Clarita. Once all the kids have grown and gone off to college and people are facing retirement, they look to downsize to a smaller home, or possibly a stair free home to spend their late years in.
4) Job relocation, many local business in Santa Clarita which have a constant need for employees to move in and out of state. We have a strong business community and many national companies that are always moving their employees back and forth from SCV.
5) Distressed homeowners still loom in Santa Clarita. With the housing bubble we experienced in 2006 there is still a handful of sellers that face trouble. This number has shrunk drastically over the last year and many sellers and finding they have actually have equity since the market value has increased in the last year. However, there are still homeowners trying to get a loan modification, or are facing foreclosure with a sale date from their bank
With so many great features in our town there are not a lot of reasons why people want to sell and move out of the area but rather than move within the community.
For a free market analysis please contact us. [gravityform id=”17″ name=”Home Value Report Request”]